Thursday, February 17, 2011

Thursday Hook-in

Had a hook-in at my house tonight. There were four of us there.
Here is Daisy working on her 'On a String' Cushion. She is a new hooker and is doing great.

Joanne just started hooking her outport scene.
Bernice has started her 'Childhood Home' piece.
And here is the progress on my cushion. I've been doing a lot of knitting lately, but hook at least a half hour every day.
And of course after we hooked we had some of those delicious cupcakes I showed you last night. A great time with lots of gabbing and laughter.
If you are in our neck of the woods, enjoy the lovely day that we are going to have tomorrow because Saturday speaks for 15-20 cms of snow again. Great time to hook.
Toodles,
Melaine

5 comments:

  1. Melaine,what a great way to spend some time with friends and be productive at the same time, and those cup cakes looks so appetizing.

    Hopefully spring will come early this year and soon you'll see that green grass again.

    I love the picture of your mom and Grant on an earlier post. You are so blessed that she is still with you. My mom passed away last September and I miss her and I'll miss her even more when I go back home visiting as she was the central attraction for our large family. She had 17 children.

    I hope that the storm won't be too bad. JB

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't you just LOVE Hook ins!! Nice work ladies :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the mitten rug!! I have a thing for mittens in general! I still prefer them to gloves. Sounds like a wonderful hook-in time!
    Courtney

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hook ins are fun. There is usually more talking and laughing than hooking though! But it is a great way to learn from each other.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can only imagine the fun you girls have when you get together...Nice work, for sure...Nice magnet for your scissors.... :)

    ReplyDelete