Tuesday, April 20, 2010

PAGEKEEPS TUTORIAL

"

Here is a tutorial on how to make my pagekeeps, should anyone wish to make their own.
They make a great gift for readers and cooks also. If you are like me I love to read while I am eating breakfast etc. if I am dining by myself. The pagekeep keeps your book open for handsfree reading.

First make a pattern. The pagekeep is 9 inches long, 1 1/2 inches in the center narrow part and 2 1/2 inches at the widest parts on the ends. Round the ends.
You will need wool, (I use wool that is too thick for rughooking), some scraps of wool yarn, a large eye needle and two round, flat beach rocks, or you can buy some large River stones at a craft store - they should be approx 2 inches in diameter.



Stitch down through the center narrow part to sew two pieces together. You can embroider a design on the end through only one layer of the material.



Blanket stitch down alond the narrow center part and halfway around one end. Insert a beachrock inside the wide end and continue to blanket stitch down the other side and around the other end inserting a beachrock.



And VOILA! you have your finished project. Hope the instructions were clear enough.




Enjoy! Melaine

2 comments: